- This event has passed.
FIN Community For All (C4A) IN-PERSON Conference
March 10, 2022 @ 6:00 PM - March 11, 2022 @ 3:00 PM
This registration site is for the in-person Community for ALL (C4A) Conference. If you are interested in passes for the virtual conference, go to C4A Virtual Conference Registration.
Virtual tickets are available here ONLY if also purchasing an in-person ticket.
Reimagining Faith & Disability Inclusion Post-Pandemic – 2022
We have all been through so much these last two years. The Covid-19 global pandemic has had profound effects on aspects of our lives including faith and disability inclusion efforts. How are we responding? How may we approach inclusion now from shared experiences? We will explore these topics and more at this year’s conference.
We welcome individuals, faith communities, organizations and businesses to be a part of Community for ALL 2022 as a sponsor. Sponsor details are included on the ticket options. A FIN representative will contact you to get your logo and business ad. Please note: to have your business or faith community advertisement included in the printed program, you will need to have your ad to us by February 8. Thank you!
- C4A Global Community Sponsor-$1000+
- C4A National Community Sponsor-$500
- C4A Regional Community Sponsor-$250
- C4A Congregational Level Sponsor-$100
All conference facilities are wheelchair accessible.
We will have CART and an ASL Interpreter for our opening session on Friday, March 11.
If you would like CART, ASL Interpretation or another kind of accommodation during the breakout sessions and afternoon community conversation, please contact us by Feb. 11 and we will do everything we can to provide the requested accommodations.
THURSDAY, March 10, 6:00-8:00 pm-Welcome Dinner at Blessed Sacrament Catholic Church, Norfolk
6:00 PM-Fellowship time, beverages, music entertainment, and small silent auction and raffle opportunities
6:30 PM-Dinner Served
Our dinner of chicken, pasta, (gluten free available) salad, rolls, wine and desert is provided by the Knights of Columbus Council #367
- Welcome-Michelle Munger, Interim Executive Director
- Performance by Band-Together students, directed by K. Jackson and Rebecca Jones and Dianna Swenson’s Vocal Inclusion Studio
- “Why Inclusion Matters”, Fr. Eric Ayers, Pastor of Blessed Sacrament Catholic Church, Norfolk
- Presentation of the second annual, Jeff N. Turner, FIN Distinguished Volunteer Award
- FIN Board Recognition and Future Plans-Karen Jackson, FIN Founder and Board Chair
FRIDAY, March 11, 8:30 am-3:00 pm-Conference Teaching Sessions and networking at Blessed Sacrament Catholic Church, Norfolk
- 8:30 am – Conference Check in, visit vendors
- 9:00 am-Welcome, Michelle Munger and Opening Speaker, Mr. Milton Tyree
- 10:00 am-12:00 pm-Breakout Sessions – See below
- 12:00 pm-Networking Luncheon, visit vendors
- 12:30 pm-Author Introductions and Book Signing-Authors include: Rev. Bill Gaventa, Shelly Christensen, Jolene Philo, Rosemarie Hughes, Michelle Munger, David Morstad, Curtis Ramsey-Lucas
- 1:00 pm-Community Conversation
- 2:30 pm Closing Program
- Self-Advocacy Track – with Angela West (Virginia) & Laura Lee Wright
- Congregational Care Track – Panel Discussion with Howard Blas (Connecticut), Susie Stefanowich (Virginia), Angela Kushing. Moderated by Samantha Jones (Virginia)
- Theology Track – “You Can’t Do It All: The Spirituality of Letting Go” with Keith Dow
- Family & Caregiving Track – Jolene Philo (Iowa) and Kristin Faith Evans
- Family & Caregiving Track – “The Future is Now for Families” by Rosemarie Hughes (Virginia)
- Self-Advocacy Track – “Redefining the Presence of the Body” with Laura Robb (Virginia)
- Congregational Care Track – “Who is Missing? Supporting families cross culturally in our houses of worship” with Rachel Chung (Maryland)
- Congregational Care Track – “ReMembering the Body of Christ with Persons with Dementia” with Victoria White (Michigan)
- Family & Caregiving Track – “How Special Needs Parenting Prepares You for Your Ministry” with Catherine Boyle (Virginia)
- Theology Track – David Eckert (Pennsylvania)
- New FIN Affiliates Conversation – Karen Jackson (Virginia)
National Guests and Presenters*
We are delighted to have an amazing group of National FIN friends joining us this year.
Stay tuned for the full list! A short bio for each will be available on the conference website. soon.
*Subject to change
A block of rooms has been secured at:
Hampton Inn Norfolk/Virginia Beach @ 5793 Greenwich Road, Virginia Beach, VA 23462
The block reservation link will be posted soon or call them at 757-490-9800.
$149.00 / night – March 10, 2022
Room block under: Faith Inclusion Network Conference
Reservations must be made by February 7 to access the special block pricing. Please connect with them directly to secure your reservation.