Good Times Ahead!
Fun Family Activities in Chesapeake, Norfolk, Portsmouth, and Virginia Beach:
1) Norfolk – Nauticus Kids get in free the entire month of January. Up to 2 children (ages 4-12) get in free with each paid adult admission.
2) All over Hampton Roads – Lowe’s Build and Grow Free Kids Workshop. Kids receive a free Blue Lowe’s Apron, Goggles, certificate, patch, and get to build and take a wood project home with them. Parents will have to help kids with the project. The workshop is held at all HR Lowe’s on January 12, 10 am-11 am. Visit www.Lowesbuildandgrow.com for details. You must register to attend.
3) Virginia Beach – 2013 Hampton Roads International Auto Show Virginia Beach Convention Center Jan. 11 & 12 10 am-10 pm and Jan. 13, 10 am-6 pm. FREE admission for the first 600 military and dependents. Otherwise Adults and kids 12 and older $9, children under 12 free, seniors $6, military with ID $6.
4) Norfolk – Scooby-Doo Live! Musical Mysteries. Constant Convocation Center on Feb. 1 at 7 pm and Feb. 2 at 11 am, 2 pm, and 5 pm. Visit http://www.constantcenter.com/events/detail/scooby-doo-live-musical-mysteries for tickets. Use discount code GSCOOBY to receive $5 off tickets.
5) Norfolk – Karaoke. Jan 14 at 8 pm at Max & Erma’s 300 Monticello Ave.
6) Hampton – Downtown Hampton On Ice. Jan. 12 at 5 pm daily until March 3. 600 Settlers Landing Road. Put your skates on and enjoy outdoor fun in downtown Hampton at the Virginia Air & Space Center rink. Admission is for two-hour skate sessions. Skating is $7 per person. Bring your own ice skates or rent ours for only $2 more.
7) Hampton – An American Turning Point: Surviving War. Jan 12, 9 am daily until April 28 at Hampton History Museum. This is an interactive two-part exhibition that encourages visitors to consider how a single event, separated from us by 150 years, so fundamentally reshaped American society that its impact is still experienced today.